If you are, as I am, a perusing cogitator of the Democratic Party’s purveying of balderdash, then you most certainly have been left scratching your head in a state of bewilderment as to how a brain, or collective brains, larger than a walnut, could produce such poppycock outside an asylum for the maniacal. It’s as if the entire collective Democratic Party and our dear President Obama have gnawed their way out of restraints, moved to Washington, DC, and set up shop. At last, relief appears to be cresting the horizon. All in possession of gumption, intelligence, and old fashioned horse-sense may soon be able to cease head scratching, enjoy respite from hazes of bafflement, and rejuvenate from the cessation of perpetual insomnia from attempting to break the invincible code of ignorance that shrouds Barack Obama and the Democratic Party like a titanium cocoon.
Just as Einstein presented the theory of relativity, Barack Obama presents some other bizarre and deviant theory of relativity, and he will thus represent the Democratic Party in the ensuing manifestation of insanity, stupidity, or perhaps the genius that pervades 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
Many Americans are enjoying Obama’s “Summer of Recovery” with exercises in futility of staving off foreclosures, searching for employment in a vaporizing job market, pondering the doubling of their health insurance premiums under ObamaCare™, or the fuzzy math ricocheting around their heads of the consequences of living in a country that owes more money than it can generate. This truly is a “Summer of Recovery,” even if it is limited to the docilely psychotic.
Below readers will find 5 multiple choice questions that will ascertain their political, economic, psychological, and horse-sense acuity:
1. From the www.whitehouse.gov website, “This summer is sure to be a Summer of Economic Recovery.” With an aggressively revised GDP downgraded to 1.6%, and a Barack Obama economy that has shed 283,000 jobs during the “Summer of Economic Recovery,” Barack Obama wants you to believe that the economy is in the joyous throes of a robust recovery. In light of the aforementioned lugubrious information, Obama’s statement, “I have never been more confident that our nation is headed in the right direction,” would make him…
2. Raising the minimum wage to unparalleled heights, thus causing the unemployment rate of 16-24 year olds to reach the unparalleled height of 51% (the highest since 1948), this perpetual genius economic strategy by the Democrats would make them…
3. By abducting $1 trillion from the economy, distilling it through the federal government’s rapacious structure– which uses the La Cosa Nostra’s processing fee of around 50% off the top– then redistributing what is left, about half, back into the same weakened economy to repair the damage created by taking out the $1 trillion in the first place, in addition to the pre-existing damage to the economy from previous governmental policies, the Barack Obama is clearly…
4. Creating an economic stratagem to operate the U.S. government with an exponentially increasing $13.4 trillion deficit in concert with exponentially decreasing revenues (this strategy is obviously based on the same strategy that is used by millions in bankruptcy courts each year), would make Barack Obama…
5. Sign into law a 2500-page health care reform bill that will put 1/3 of the U.S. economy in the hands of governmental bureaucrats that have been responsible for every single economic catastrophe this country has been forced to endure, and this without ever reading a single word in the bill, and being advised by those who have not read a single word of the bill. One of America’s most cerebral political thinkers, Nancy Pelosi, considered the illuminato of common sense by all who will answer B to these questions, made these sagacious remarks to facilitate the passing of the health care reform bill: “But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.” This would make Barack Obama…
The results of this five-question quiz are remarkably predicable. If one has the good fortune to be intimately familiar with Section 8, TANF, and Welfare, and enjoys living off the fruits of others’ labor, then B would be the predicable choice, and for good reason. If one has a solid foundation in ethics, economics, education, morals, and common sense, then A would be the predicable choice, and for good reason. But, if one is well schooled in the practice of psychology and the sciences of the mind, and can remember every failed economic policy implemented by the Democrats since the beginning of the 20th century, then C may be the predictable choice, and for good reason.
Could Barack Obama be certifiably stark raving mad, crazy, cuckoo, insane, batty, etc.? Could a disorder of the psyche be the cause of his displaying the symptoms of stupidity? Could Obama and his unbalanced band of schizo luminaries be curable with intensive in-patient therapy combined with apothecary science?
Who would be so bold as to make this accusation with such punctilious authority? Lyle Rossiter, that’s who. He makes these statements in his new book, The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness.
Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr., MD, the highly regarded psychiatrist who received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago, has diagnosed liberal ideology as a mental disorder. Dr. Rossiter is a board-certified general and forensic psychiatrist with over 35 years of experience. He also is also a distinguished Diplomate in Psychiatry, member of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Diplomate in Forensic Psychiatry, member of the American Board of Forensic Psychiatry, and has a private practice of general adult and forensic psychiatry.
So, what does that say about not only President Obama, but also Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Barney Frank, Hillary Clinton, et al.? Dr. Rossiter declares, “the kind of liberalism being displayed by both Barack Obama and his Democratic pseudo luminaries can only be understood as a psychological disorder.”
A comment by Dr. Rossiter concerning Barack Obama’s politics:
A social scientist who understands human nature will not dismiss the vital roles of free choice, voluntary cooperation and moral integrity – as liberals do. A political leader who understands human nature will not ignore individual differences in talent, drive, personal appeal and work ethic, and then try to impose economic and social equality on the population – as liberals do. And a legislator who understands human nature will not create an environment of rules which over-regulates and over-taxes the nation’s citizens, corrupts their character and reduces them to wards of the state – as liberals do.
If you pay close attention to the maniacal policy schemes of Barack Obama, and subject yourself to the continual musings of the sycophantic media that grovel at the feet of all who are antithetical to the fundamentals of economics, common sense, and America, then the ensuing factualisms of Barack Obama’s ideology will ring true by Dr. Rossiter:
- creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization
- satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation
- augmenting primitive feelings of envy
- rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government
Dr. Rossiter has encapsulated and summarized the entire Democratic mindset in one sentence: “When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious.”
If you read the book, you will also be enlightened with the secret liberal agenda, as explained by Dr. Rossiter. A few tidbits:
- The two major goals of the modern liberal agenda: the Modern Parental Society and the Modern Permissive Culture, and why they violate the basic principles of freedom
- How the modern liberal agenda attacks the moral and legal foundations of individual liberty
- How the modern liberal agenda violates the defining characteristics of human nature and ignores the essential realities of the human condition
- How the modern liberal agenda corrupts the character of the people by appealing to their base instincts and undermining the constraints of conscience
- How the modern liberal agenda’s ideas and goals are self-contradictory and logically inconsistent
- Why the liberal mind believes in the irrational principles of the liberal agenda– and what it takes to affect a cure
According to Dr. Rossiter, if you support Obama and his party, you support a world filled with pity, sorrow, neediness, misfortune, poverty, suspicion, mistrust, anger, exploitation, discrimination, victimization, alienation, and injustice. Even if you did not vote for Obama, and are opposed to his maniacal policies, these self-fulfilling prophecies Dr. Rossiter illuminates, which are rapidly becoming cemented as his legacy, are now your dystopian reality. If you support Barack Obama, and answered B to the above questions, you can expect to never move beyond the role of worker, minority, or the little guy, and have a higher probability of being unemployed than during FDR’s Great One. If you support Barack Obama, you can expect to be poor, weak, sick, wronged, cheated, oppressed, disenfranchised, exploited, and victimized, but despair not, as you will not have to bear responsibility for the problems you have created for yourself– it’s not your fault. None of your agonies are attributable to your faults or failings, not poor choices, bad habits, faulty judgment, wishful thinking, lack of ambition, low frustration, mental illness, or defects in character. If you support Barack Obama, none of your plights are caused by your failure to plan for the future or learn from experience. Instead, the root causes of all your pain lie in faulty social conditions: poverty, disease, war, ignorance, unemployment, racial prejudice, ethnic and gender discrimination, modern technology, capitalism, globalization, and imperialism. In the evolving manifestation of the psychotic mind of Barack Obama, this suffering is inflicted on the innocent by various predators and persecutors: big business, big corporations, greedy capitalists, US imperialism, conservative oppressors, the conservative rich, the conservative wealthy, the conservative powerful, the selfish, the conservatives in general, and most certainly, George Bush.
So there it is, the case for insanity. But what if there is more to it than crazy?
What if the maniacal and psychotic symptoms do come from unadulterated stupidity? Is the situation grimmer than insanity? What if their psychotic behavior does indeed originate from bad wiring and chemicals spasmodically dashing asunder in the noggin? Is there a modicum of hope? There are two plans of treatment that can absolutely cure the preposterous tomfoolery emitting from Washington, DC for either affliction: Treatment Plan A for plain stupidity and Treatment Plan B for mental disorders.
Treatment Plan A. If the liberals are just plain dumb, as the authentic intelligentsia have long believed, then that woeful affliction is treatable. The dire and daunting caveat is that dumbness can be cured with a very rigorous and long-term prescription of actual, fundamental, and useful education, especially history, composition, literature, economics, mathematics, and the sciences, and an intensive dose of the Constitution. Ivy League schools would, of course, based on the trend analysis of their governmental employment record, become the incarnate of political persona non grata in this endeavor as the above courses seem to have been replaced with Gynecology in the Ancient World, the Science of Superheroes, and whatnot.
Treatment Plan B. With a mental disorder, sometimes eradicating the mind of its infirmed status is as simple as an apothecary approach. Perhaps the untangling of our political imbroglio, and halting the assault on the American way of life, along with preserving the Constitution, could someday be as simple as the dissolving of a lozenge under one’s tongue, and perhaps an hour or two of mandated therapy semi-weekly.
But this is American politics, and all bets must be hedged, as in American politics there is no mutually exclusive agreement between stupid and insane. Prudence dictates that perhaps the entirety of the Democratic Party from Obama on down should be treated both for stupidity and insanity, as they produce strong characteristics of both afflictions, and hopefully at some juncture, they can become the fully functioning public servants their campaigns promised they would be.